Make a first great impression on employers to get hired!
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. When you apply for a job, you have 1 minute to impress every company with your application. The first impression counts and your profile picture is playing a big role.
Here is how to make a good first impression:
- Smile and look happy – show that you’re a nice person to work with
- Don’t wear sunglasses – they cover your facial expression
- Use a neutral or work-related background – keep the photo focused on you
- Show yourself – make sure your face is clearly visible
- Be natural – don’t add filters or icons to the photo
- Dress for success – look presentable and pick clothes you would wear to work
Here are two examples of a good profile picture:
And here are some examples that would have an unprofessional effect and that should not be used as profile picture: